- 2 stalks of flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp. flaked almonds
- 150 g fine bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 500 g of Comté
- 50 cl of cooking oil of your choice
- Prepare the parsley by removing the leaves from the stems, rinsing under cold water, drying and finely chopping.
- Crush the almonds using your preferred crushing method (food processor, mortar & pestle, etc.)
- In a separate plate, mix breadcrumbs with the chopped parsley, paprika, crushed almonds and sea salt.
- Break the eggs into a separate bowl and whisk to homogenize.
- Remove rind from the Comté and cut into matchstick or French Fry shapes.
- Bread the Comté fries. First by dipping each piece into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumb mixture. Bread each piece of Comte and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the oil has come to temperature, fry the Comté fries 2 or 3 at a time so as to not overcrowd the pan. Turn the fries regularly with a slotted spoon until a golden color is achieved.
- Remove the fries onto a plate covered with a paper towel to absorb the excess oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste immediately after cooking.
- Repeat until all Comté is cooked.
- Serve quickly!
Preparation: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Difficulty level: Easy