- 1 large eggplant (or 2 medium-sized eggplants)
- 2 slices of cured ham
- 50 g grated Mimolette
- 50 g grated Emmental cheese
- 1 clove of garlic
- 170 g of Brousse cheese
- 10 cl of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- To prepare the eggplant, give it a rinse and cut it in half lengthwise. Steam the eggplants for around 15 minutes to partially cook.
- Slice the ham into strips.
- Grate the Emmental and Mimolette.
- Peel and chop the garlic finely.
- In a salad bowl, add the Brousse, garlic, salt pepper and cream. Mix well and add the ham. Season to taste.
- Cut the eggplant into slices 10 cm long and 5 cm wide.
- Place the slices of eggplant in a gratin dish. Top with the brousse, garlic and ham mixture and sprinkle over the grated Emmental and Mimolette. Drizzle olive oil over each piece of eggplant.
- Place the gratin into the oven and let bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- This gratin is delicious right out of the oven or served chilled the next day.
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Difficulty level: Easy