- 6 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 70 g Mimolette
- 300 g ground pork
- 400 g ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp. breadcrumbs
- Cayenne pepper to taste (based on how spicy you enjoy your food)
- 20 g flour
- 20 g butter
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 10 cl of white wine
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Begin by preparing the vegetables. Peel and chop both onion and garlic. Wash the parsley thoroughly and chop finely as well.
- Grate the Mimolette.
- In a bowl, mix the ground meat with the eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, mimolette, cayenne pepper (according to your taste) and chopped garlic. The mixture should be moist but firm enough to form meatballs. Adjust the texture with bread crumbs and flour if necessary.
- With the palms of the hands, roll the mixture to form meatballs approximately 3 cm in diameter. Set aside and allow to rest.
For the tomato sauce:
- Cut the tomatoes into cubes.
- In a casserole dish, melt the butter and add the remaining chopped garlic and onion. Brown for 5 minutes.
- Once the onion and garlic have taken on some color, stir in the diced tomatoes, ground pepper, tomato paste and white wine. Bring everything to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer. Once it has simmered for a few minutes, correct the seasoning as needed.
Cooking the kefta:
- Heat olive oil in a heavy saucepan for approximately 1 minute over medium heat. Add the kefta and brown on all sides.
- Once the kefta are golden brown all over, remove them from the oil and add directly to the simmering sauce. Allow to cook for 1 hour on low heat.
- Serve on warm plates and garnish with more chopped parsley.
Preparation: 25 min
Cooking time: 1 h 15 min
Difficulty level: Medium