- 1 1/4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Empire or Gala apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 sprig tarragon
- 1/2 lb. Raclette cheese, coarsely grated
- 1/2 lb. Mimolette, coarsely grated
- 8 slices Bayonne Ham
- 2 cups arugula, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Unsalted Butter
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a pot over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Pour the liquid evenly over the apples and tarragon. Place uncovered in the refrigerator to cool.
- Toast the bread until golden brown. At the same time, in a nonstick pan, combine the grated cheeses over medium-low heat and stir until melted and bubbly. Divide the melted cheese into four portions.
- Toss the arugula in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Divide into four portions.
- Brush the toast with the butter and assemble the sandwiches as follows: bread, 2 slices of ham, cheese, arugula, 5 slices of pickled apple, red onion, bread.
- 4 Servings, does not include salt and pepper to taste and unsalted butter
- Calories 818
- Total Fat 42 g
- Saturated Fat 23 g
- Cholesterol 108 mg
- Sodium 2,178 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68 g
- Dietary Fiber 3 g
- Sugars 25 g
- Protein 47 g