- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces Camembert cheese with rind, cubed
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces bacon, diced
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, then add garlic and sauté for one minute more. Add the chopped cauliflower and continue stirring, about 5-6 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and bring to a simmer for ten minutes. Then add the Camembert cubes and continue stirring until melted. Season with salt and pepper, add chopped parsley, and remove from heat.
- While the cheese sauce cools, layer potato slices into an 11” gratin dish. Pour cheese mixture over potatoes and even it out with a spoon. Evenly distribute the bacon bits over the gratin.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover and raise temperature to 400° and cook an additional 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- 8 Servings, does not include salt and pepper to taste
- Calories 194
- Total Fat 11 g
- Saturated Fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 18 mg
- Sodium 251 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18 g
- Dietary Fiber 2 g
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 7 g