- 1 onion
- 800 grams sweet potatoes
- 2 pears
- 50 g of half-salted butter
- 75 centiliters of vegetable broth
- 4 slices of bread of your choice
- 1 dash of sunflower oil
- 20 cl of cream
- 50 grams of Blue d’Auvergne
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Peel and wash the sweet potatoes. Cut them into a medium dice.
- Peel, seed and cut the pears into chunks.
- In a casserole dish, melt 30 grams of butter. Add the chopped onion and allow to cook for 2 minutes over low heat. As the onions begin to turn translucent, add the pieces of sweet potato and pear.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and season with salt and pepper. Bring the contents of the dish to a boil. From there, cover and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- To make the croutons, cut your slices of bread into cubes. Add them to a sauté pan that’s been heated with a bit of oil and the remaining butter.
- Combine the cream with the soup and adjust for seasoning.
- To serve, spoon into bowls (or soup tureen), sprinkle with the crumbled Blue d’Auvergne, and serve with your croutons.
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Difficulty level: Easy