- 1 skirt steak (1½–2 pounds), trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- ½ cup Fourme D’Ambert
1. To make the herbed honey: In a small bowl, stir together the honey, thyme, salt, and pepper until combined.
2. To make the grilled steak: Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. Season the steak all over with salt and pepper. Place the steak on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, flip the steak and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, for medium-rare.
3. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and brush all over with the honey glaze so that it’s completely lacquered. Let the steak rest for a few minutes before slicing thickly on the diagonal. Place the sliced steak on a platter and lightly crumble over the Fourme D’Ambert .